Thursday, 11 April 2019

Day 15 and 16

Drove to Shepparton and stopped at the local tyre shop to get two tyres replaced on the van , had lunch at a great spot just out of next to a small lake . Drove on to Tatura . This is the town that I came to as a child migrant in 1958 . What a magic place for a 12 year old . It was built in 1873 by a rich farmer who made his money gold prospecting . I lived there until 1962 , where for the last 12 months I lived in that huge 68 room mansion on my own with just a housekeeper . I did work on the farm , milking cows , looking after the pigs etc . It was sold not long after I left and is now a low security prison farm . Beverley and I were here some years ago , but we weren't  allowed  to visit the mansion which isn't part of the prison itself . We took the photo today from the roadside . We are spending 2 days at the Tatura golf course
Hope it warms up soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

A day in the life of grey nomads .

Just a short pictorial Awake at sunrise Catch the bait Wait for a bite Catch the fish Clean the fish First ...